6557 HWY F-17W
The City of Baxter Public Works Department is headed by the Public Works Director who oversees and is responsible for the following divisions:
- Baxter's water source - IRUA: Home | Iowa Regional Utilities Association (irua.net).
- Waste Water
- Responsible for the treatment of wastewater and upkeep of the sanitary sewer system.
- Responsible for street maintenance, snow removal, and upkeep of storm water collection system.
- Responsible for cemetery/park cleanup and maintenance, cemetery grave marking and mowing of cemetery and parks.
- Public Works Director
- Maintenance – Mike Johnson from 2007-present.
- Maintenance – Larry Meyer from 2014-present.
Public Works Shop/Office phone – 641-227-3354, leave a message. Normal business hours are from 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m., Monday – Friday, except during holidays, vacations, time off or days of limited staff due to training and other off-site requirements. If no answer, call city hall at 641-227-3120.