We can't thank all of the businesses who made donations to our live auction enough.
With their help and the help of all the wonderful bidders we were able to make $2025.00 to go towards the splash pad!! AMAZING!!
- Baxter Comfort Solutions
- State Savings Bank
- Center Grove Apple Orchard
- Capitol II Theater
- Sass + Soul Design
- KJM Design
- Baxter Athletic Boosters
- RCL Farms, Ince
- Rybo Painting
- Fire Department
Baxter Hometown Pride now has Venmo. If you are interested in donating towards the Geise Park project we have now made it easier for you!!
If you want your donation specifically earmarked for something specific please indicate it in the comments of your Venmo payment (ie: playground, shelter house, splashpad).
Thank you for your donation!
The secret is out and kids have already been enjoying the new playground at Geise Park! Thank you to the Baxter Early Learning Center for your donation to the park and community.
We would also like to give a warm THANK YOU to Eric Hewitt and the donation towards the zipline made in his name through the Dream Foundation. Drake and Wyatt will have a great memory of you and be able to enjoy your dream.
Do you have cans and bottles building up in your garage? Do you keep telling yourself you will take them in and STILL have not? Do you hate standing in line at the can redemption center?
Well, we have the answer for you!! Baxter Hometown Pride has a green shed down at the City maintenance building ready for all the cans and bottles you want to donate. All funds raised will be going to the SPLASH PAD in Geise Park.
Get rid of your pile up of cans and help fund a splash pad; sounds like a win-win for YOU!!
Visit the Keep Iowa Beautiful State Website www.keepiowabeautiful.com
Baxter Hometown Pride 5-year Community Vision Plan
Improve caboose and trailhead: market the trail
- Hire Jason Midyette to assess caboose status and develop rehabilitation plan
- Fundraise and acquire grants to rehab caboose
- Integrate trailhead with Geise Park redevelopment
- Align efforts with Friends of Chichaqua Valley Trail group
- Improve trail wayfinding
- Make sure print and on-line trail information is adequate
- Put trail information on Baxter Joint Website
- Get designer hired for park redevelopment plan
- Link trailhead with park plan
- Community open house when plan is completed
- Find funding for implementation of the redevelopment
- Finalize needs list - get better handle on large items
- Obtain pricing for improvements
- Prioritize improvements
- Fundraise/obtain grants
Redevelop Trailer Park for Senior Housing
- Complete clearing of site
- City acquire property
- Work with State to put senior housing project together
- Get private developer under contract
Community wayfinding signs
- Determine destinations that need wayfinding-trail, school, downtown, sports
- Put together wayfinding sign plan
- Find vendor with sign design we like; develop cost estimate
- Go after grant funds
Main Street Beautification
- Coordinate with Garden Club as needed
- Obtain grants
- Define program, what do we want?
- Develop program options
- Coordinate with appropriate entities in the community
- Evaluate funding options
- Complete an assessment of existing park facilities
- Determine what upgrades and enhancements are needed
- Look for grant programs