Midwest Sanitation totes MUST be used on and after April 7th. See guidelines below:
• Do not overfill the totes - lids must be fully closed for pickup
• Totes must be within 4 ft. of the curb and at least 4 ft. away from any obstructions such as recycling bins, mailboxes, signs, or parked cars
• Bag garbage prior to placing it in the tote to reduce fly-away litter
• Do not make any permanent markings to the containers (These are property of Midwest Sanitation)
• All bags must fit into the containers for pickup. If you need an additional garbage tote, Midwest Sanitation can provide an extra billed through them (Contact 888-428-2610)
• All totes must be out by 6:00 AM to ensure pickup
WHAT CAN I RECYCLE?
PLEASE DO NOT BLOW GRASS INTO THE STREETS!
CITY ORDINANCE, SECTION 105.11, PROHIBITED PRACTICES STATES IT IS UNLAWFUL FOR ANY PERSON TO MOW OR DEPOSIT GRASS CLIPPINGS OR YARD WASTE INTO CITY STREETS AND CURBS.
City Ordinance, Section 142.03, DUTY TO TRIM TREES states the homeowner shall keep the trees overhanging the street, trimmed so that all branches will be at least fifteen (15) feet above the surface of the street and eight (8) feet above the sidewalks.
John Hicks was sworn in as Baxter's new Chief of Police. Chief Hicks moved to Baxter from Holiday, Florida with his family. John retired from the Pinellas Park Police Department with the rank of Captain.
We are excited to welcome Chief Hicks and his family to Baxter.
Check out our video - BAXTER: A PLACE TO GROW