CURBSIDE PICK UP FOR SOLID WASTE/RECYCLABLES
CITY OF BAXTER
- All Residential garbage pick up and recycling pick up will take place on Friday. Curbside by 6:00 a.m.
- All Commercial garbage pick up will take place on Tuesday.
- Solid waste (garbage) will be limited to 1 (one) 40 gallon, 65 pound garbage can or 2 bags.
- A plastic recycling bin will be required. Bins must be purchased through City Hall at a cost of $12.00 each.
- Stickers for additional garbage may be purchased at City Hall or Baxter Family Market for $1.00 each.
#1 AND #2 ONLY. Rinsed clean – remove caps and rings. Milk containers
should be smashed if possible. Labels DO NOT need to be removed.
DO NOT RECYCLE: bread wrappers, plastic wrap, bleach bottles, oil bottles,
anti-freeze bottles or plastic grocery store bags.
TIN AND ALUMINUM
Rinsed clean – smashed if possible. Labels DO NOT need to be removed. TIP: tin
Cans flatten easily if you remove both the top and bottom with a can opener. Place the top and bottom inside flattened can and bend in the middle to keep the top and bottom inside can. This helps prevent cutting yourself and saves space in the recycle bin.
DO NOT RECYCLE: aerosol cans, gasoline cans, kerosene cans, paint cans
Rinsed clean – remove lids, rings and any styrofoam sleeves. Labels DO NOT
need to be removed.
DO NOT RECYCLE: colored glass, broken glass, plate glass, ceramics, light
bulbs, auto glass or mirrors.
PAPER AND CARDBOARD
Newspapers and white office paper shall be bagged or bundled and placed at the
top of recycling bin. Package boxes and cardboard boxes shall be flattened with
staples and nails removed. Package boxes shall be bundled and placed beneath bin
or bagged and placed at the top of the bin along with the bagged paper. ALL
PAPER AND CARDBOARD MUST BE DRY!
DO NOT RECYCLE: glossy paper (magazines, newspaper advertisement inserts)
PROPER RECYCLING SAVES EVERYONE MONEY BY MAINTAINING RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL COLLECTION RATES.
Anderson Sanitation (515) 674-3384 City of Baxter 227-3120